C has been taking ballet lessons since March. The ballet studio is about 6 blocks from our house (a major plus) and is run by a lovely woman and her two dancing 20-something daughters. This past weekend, after much rehearsing, the students performed "Giselle." It was clear that they had worked incredibly hard to put the show together. C's role was as a "campesina rosada" - a pink-clad country girl (there were blue-clad ones, too). C was excited to perform on stage. She said, "Maybe someday if I have a kid, she'll ask me if I was ever on stage, and I will say, 'yes!'"
All ready!
(Incredibly, I did her hair and makeup myself. Didn't think i had it in me!)
With friends before the performance:
On stage!
A short video clip. C is the 2nd girl from the front on stage right
(house left, or the left for the person viewing the video):
No comments:
Post a Comment