C's tooth fell out on our way home from swimming class. The gum that she was chewing gave the final push to what had become a very wiggly tooth. She was relieved that it didn't fall out in the pool!
One of the cool things about living in a multicultural environment is that we have a wealth of traditions to pull from. So C got to decide whether she wanted to give her tooth to the tooth fairy, hide it for the tooth mouse, or throw it onto the roof. (Check out this book to learn more about lost-tooth traditions around the world.) She decided to leave this one for the mouse and her next tooth for the fairy. (Here's another cool book about the tooth fairy and the tooth mouse vying for the same tooth, and the cooperative solution they reach.)
The tooth mouse (El Ratón Pérez) is using the teeth he collects to build a rocket ship to travel to the moon. C says, "I hope my tooth has fun on the moon!"
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great!
ReplyDeleteWe only did Raton Perez and Lu was very confused when he heard about the Tooth Fairy for the first time from a cousin in the US. I don't know why I didn't think to do both.
I love those toothless smiles!