Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wonderful wedding!

My brother Adrian just got married!
Welcome to the family, Claudia! I'm so happy to have you as a sister (-in-law)!

The wedding was beautiful, intensely moving, and joyful.

The ceremony:

Chely was in a state of awe for much of the event.



She was the flower girl! Here she is practicing her wand magic:




Kayalá had a puff-ball wand of her own to wave:




I was honored to read "i carry your heart with me" by e.e. cummings.
I can't read that poem without absolutely smiling.



Hearty congratulations to the newlyweds!


Dancing!



C and K with the ring bearer (Claudia's nephew):

Gettin' down:


Chely sang a song (Sabías que Eres Especial) in front of the crowd at the reception!


K exploring:



Sister hug!



Here are some fun things that Chely said at the wedding:

(when my brother Will was giving his toast as best man)
"When I get married, maybe Kayalá will give a toast.
If I get married."

(to Will, when he did something she didn't like)
"You aren't the best man anymore."

"Ade was nervous about dancing,
but he did very very very well."

and the best Chely wedding-related quote...

"I am especially happy about the wedding because
now I have a new aunt!"




Here's to Claudia and Adrian!
You are each so special, so amazing;
together you are, in the words of Mario Benedetti,
"mucho más que dos."
I am thrilled that you have found each other.
Together you can!


Here's to you!
Here's to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment