Chely fractured her arm!
We were visiting SMT and were bathing in a lovely spot where a natural spring fills a small cement pool.
She was getting dressed after bathing, and while pulling on her boot, she fell and cracked her arm on the cement structure. Of course it hurt a ton, and as her mom I was in agony to see her suffer. Some ibuprofen along with plenty of cuddles and story-telling (the most-requested one being the story of Curious George at the hospital) helped calm the pain.
She was really excited to get a cast. She generally likes doctors and hospital experiences! I'm sure it helps that her grandfather is a pediatrician. She got a kick out of seeing the x-ray of her own arm.
She was really excited to get a cast. She generally likes doctors and hospital experiences! I'm sure it helps that her grandfather is a pediatrician. She got a kick out of seeing the x-ray of her own arm.

The first night she complained a bit about being uncomfortable, and I heard her say in her sleep, "Kwaj taj ri inyeso" (I don't want my cast"), but for the most part she has taken it in stride.
Love the pink cast!
ReplyDelete