Friday, June 26, 2009

We love Bamba!

My mom (or, in her grandparent term, "Bamba") is visiting us, and I can't express how APPRECIATIVE and GRATEFUL I am! She has kept very busy spending high-quality time with Chely, cooking, reading to Chely, cleaning, singing to Chely, washing dishes, chasing and being chased by Chely, picking through the beans, counting in French to Chely while pushing her on the swings, hanging out the laundry, and did I mention playing with Chely? A lot of that playing has involved Chely being literally on top of her, on her shoulders or back or neck...especially when Bamba is holding or paying attention to Kayalá. Chely has definitely claimed Bamba as her own! These pictures give you a sense:






Thank you for everything, Mom...for all the unwavering love and support you've showered on me all these years, and for all the love and fun and caring you are now showering on my children. You have shared so openly of your lively spirit, creative mind, and compassionate heart. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment